"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Without Merit by Colleen Hoover

A few months back I'm going through my emails and I see one from Atria Books. My heart raced, my palms got sweaty, my eyes went a little buggy, wanna know why? Because attached in that email was a copy of Without Merit by Colleen Hoover.
I cannot begin to express how excited I was to receive this book for review. Guys, it's freaking Colleen Hoover. She's like our Queen and we gladly bow to her because she's a stinkin genius.
Obviously once my kindle finished downloading this glorious novel I was on it just about as fast as I'm on a piece of confetti cake.
Our protagonist, Merit Voss, is unlike any character Colleen has introduced to us before. While all of the females she writes are incredible I feel like Merit had a little bit of a harder side and a whole lot more spunk. One day Merit is perusing the shelves of a local antique shop for her next trophy - yes you read that right, trophy. She began collecting trophies the night that her uber lame boyfriend broke up with her by stealing his football trophy. Thus began an addiction to acquire as many awards as possible without actually earning them. Anyway this particular afternoon she meets Sagan who shockingly is an incredible guy that makes you hate all other men. Yes Colleen, thank you for ruining the male species for us.
Unfortunately Sagan isn't available and it's a whole lot more complicated than just "he has a girlfriend".
Like all of her other books this one gave me every single emotion. At some points I was literally laughing out loud while other moments I was crying.
Not only do we have a love story woven in but we also get a family dynamic that we don't always get to see. I absolutely loved this book. Every page. Every sentence. Every single word. If - like me - you are a huge Colleen Hoover fan then by no means should you hesitate in reading Without Merit. I definitely recommend it!!

Buy Without Merit Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Kobo

I'm a Book Depository Affiliate so if you'd like to purchase a book with FREE SHIPPING and put a little change in my pocket click HERE

Listen to my playlist for Without Merit -fun fact this is one of my favorite playlists - on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment