"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Wonder of You by Harper Kincaid


After finishing The Wonder of You, I can say my heart is about the size of Alice when she gets to big for the White Rabbits house.
   Once I started reading this book I could not put it down! I finished it in about 3 hours. Yeah, I wasn't joking, I couldn't put it down!


  Southern belle Alice has recently moved to New York City to get her doctorate in clinical psychology and human sexuality. When she's not studying she's having "tea parties" with her sister Caroline and her friends Lulu and Rayna. While bringing bags into the apartment she shares with her sister she gets into a verbal sparring match with an attractive stranger who's trying to get her ass in gear so he can take her cab. It is obvious right of the bat that the two have steaming hot chemistry and I was praying to the book Gods that this bearded and oh so dreamy man was going to be our love interest. Ahem. I mean Alice's love interest.
   Our attractive and vocal fella is named Dare and he happens to be a famous artist who has set his sites on Alice. So of course when he notices that she's left her purse in the cab he so kindly commandeered, he tracks her down and asks for a date.
   I absolutely loved how quick and witty this book was. The banter was hysterical and sexy and pretty much everything I could ever ask for. 
   I will throw out there that a lot of people don't like the "insta-love" thing and I've told you my feelings before. (In case you don't know my thoughts insta-love doesn't bother me if I like the characters and it's done in the right way.) This is an example of how to do it the right way. From the moment they met it felt like Alice and Dare were made for each other. They fit together and played off each other so perfectly. 
   I also LOVED the way that Harper Kincaid included pieces of Alice in Wonderland. I'd find myself actually smiling while reading this. With that being said I wanted more! If you sign up for Harpers newsletter you get an epilogue but I want even more than that. I'm greedy. 





Buy The Wonder of You Here:
Amazon

Check out my playlist for The Wonder of You on Spotify by clicking HERE

I'm a Book Depository Affiliate so if you'd like to purchase a book with FREE SHIPPING then please click this link HERE

4 comments:

  1. I love that you got this book :) Some haven’t caught all the Alice references, but YOU did <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! The references were so perfect, I loved it!

      Delete
  2. This book sounds really good and I agree about the insta-love. I will definitely have to check this one out eventually.

    ReplyDelete