"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Being Human by Patricia Lynne

Before I start my review I just have to say that just because this book is about vampires it is nothing like "Twilight" or "Vampire Academy". You will not be swooning over vampires that sparkle.
With that being said this book is definatley something you should check out.

Why should you check it out?

That's simple. It's because this book is about the love of family. It's about finding yourself. It's about...being human.

The main character in this book is Tommy. He was 15 when he was turned into a vampire. After being turned he murdered his mother and father because of the thirst.

After Tommy kills his parents his twin brother Danny approaches him. Danny is human but instead of wanting to kill him Tommy becomes extremely protective over his brother.

There are 5 parts in this book. The first takes place as Tommy is adjusting to being a vampire. Part two takes place while Danny is attending college. It's actually kind of sad because Danny is growing up and Tommy will never change.

It's a really interesting book and Patricia Lynn's take on vampires is original. It was completely different from anything i've ever read which is pretty dang awesome.

I really enjoyed the character of Tommy also. I found myself rooting for him a lot. He goes through so much during the book and you start to really care for him. He knows he's a vampire but he tries so hard to be good. It's really nice to watch him grow up, even without actually aging.

Another thing that I loved about this book was the relationship between Tommy and Danny. Danny is the older twin and he's constantly guiding his brother in the right direction. Neither of them would be who they are without the other.

The only thing I did not like was that there were no chapters, only parts. I am not a fan of that. I enjoy my chapters. I actually enjoy a LOT of chapters. Short ones prefereably. I like saying, "Okay just one more chapter." And then when I see the chapter is only like 10 pages I can say, "Oh geesh that was short...Just one more." I find that I read faster when there are chapters.

Luckily though the book was awesome so lack of chapters wasn't that big of a deal.
I recommend this book to you so go check it out!

P.S. Patricia Lynne I really loved Mackenzie...you should totally write a book from her point of view. Just saying. :)

Cover: 4/5
Plot: 4/5
Supporting Characters: 4.5/5
Writing: 4.5/5

Being Human Playlist:
Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit
What I've Done by Linkin Park
Animal I've Become by Three Days Grace
Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie
Burn by The Cure
Hero by Skillet
The Red by Chevelle
Dream Brother by Jeff Buckley

No comments:

Post a Comment