"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Monday, July 1, 2013

Jennifer E. Smith Interview

Yay me! I interviewed Jennifer E. Smith!

Yes that is the fabulous author who wrote "The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight" and "This Is What Happy Looks Like" (among other books.)

Yes she is super amazing.

: )

Thank you so so much Jennifer for doing this interview with me! It means the world!

Enjoy everyone!


1. Have you always wanted to write books?

Yes, always! I've wanted to be a writer since I was ten years old, so I feel very, very lucky to be doing it now. I still have to pinch myself sometimes...

2. What is the best part of being an author?

There are so many things I love -- the feeling you get when you have a great writing day, when you finish a tricky chapter, when you get to the end of the book, when you see the cover for the first time, when you spot it in stores -- but the very best thing for me, hands down, is hearing from readers. It's a nerve-wracking thing, sending your book out into the world, and there's no greater gift than hearing that it resonated with someone in the way you hoped.

3. Which author, dead or alive, would you want to be best friends with?

J.K. Rowling! No contest...

4. I absolutly adored Graham! Who was your favorite character to write?

I'm so glad! I think he was probably my favorite character from THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE. It was such an unusual perspective because of the celebrity thing, and that made it pretty interesting to try to get into his head. I had a lot of fun writing him.

5. How did you come up with the idea for This Is What Happy Looks Like?

Because I have a very common name, a lot of my emails go astray, and I started wondering what would happen if -- instead of deleting them -- the person getting them by mistake actually wrote back, and struck up a conversation, which turned into friendship, which turned into something more. It seemed like an interesting way to start a love story...

6. If This Is What Happy Looks Like had a theme song what would it be?

I've actually never thought about this, but the first thing to pop into my head was "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by The Beach Boys. It's such a happy, wistful, hopeful song, and somehow, I feel like it fits Ellie and Graham's story pretty well...


If you'd like to follow Jennifer E. Smith here are a list of her social media sites...You're welcome ; )

Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Official Website

1 comment:

  1. You have fun interviews and they always make me want to read the book of the author (not many interviews do that for me.)

    ReplyDelete