"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken

Sweet. Holy. Heavens.
I loved this book!
First off may I say that this book was NOTHING like I thought it would be? Honestly I thought it would be another one of those fun New Adult-ish books that were just a quick somewhat enjoyable read.
I haven't been more wrong about something since I thought plaid looked cute with anything.
These characters are some of the most amazing characters I have EVER read about.
I fell in love with Wes in about two freaking seconds and I wanted to be best friends with Kiersten the moment I met her.
I also sincerely adored Gabe. Ah. Gabe. He was such a badass with a heart of gold and I loved that. He wasn't predictable in the least bit so it was very fun to read about him.
Kiersten's uncle and Wes' dad were also amazing supporting characters.
Basically this book is about Kiersten and Wes.
There you go, that's all you get.
I'm kidding.
Kiersten has an interesting past that she'd like to keep behind her so she's somewhat of a shy little Lamb. (Read the book and you'll know exactly what I did there.) When she starts college she meets Wes who is yummy to the max.
When you meet Wes you think he's your typical hot-football-playing college star but really he's not.
Wes and Kiersten fall for each other pretty fast (which I love) but Wes has secrets that he's keeping from Kiersten. Now I'd love to tell you what those secrets are but that would be just silly because I'd ruin the book.
All you need to know is that Rachel Van Dyken is a fabulous author and a freaking genius. I'd also like to make it known that I'm not kidding when I say Wes is a total babe.
If you're looking for a book that's going to make you blubber like you just watched the end of A Walk To Remember or grin like you just saw Chris Hemsworth with his shirt off then you definitely need to check this book out. I promise you it's worth your time!

Ruin Playlist:
Endlessly by Green River Ordinance
Brave by Sara Bareilles
Sunchild by The Vines
Kiss It All Better by He Is We
Just Give Me a Reason by P!nk feat. Nate Ruess
Human by Christina Perri
Our Song by Ron Pope
Won't Let You Go by Shannon Noll
Heaven by Boyce Avenue
Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine

Buy Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment