"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire

 Beautiful Disaster was one of the first New Adult books I ever read. It's also the New Adult book that got me hooked on the genre. When I found out that Jamie McGuire was going to write more about the Maddox boys I. Went. Nuts.
I was interested in reading more about Trenton so I was excited for this book. What I didn't expect was to fall head over heals for Trenton Maddox!!
Beautiful Oblivion is INCREDIBLE!
Seriously guys if you like New Adult you have to read this book. What's great is you don't have to read Beautiful Disaster to understand this one.
Beautiful Oblivion is told from Cami's perspective. She's a really cool chick who works at the local bar and went to school with the Maddox boys.
One night Trenton comes into the bar and shamelessly flirts with her. She pretends that she's not interested because she has a boyfriend but we all know she is. Her boyfriend T.J. is never around and you know it's not going to last long.
It's very clear from the beginning that Trenton has been in love with her forever so you find yourself rooting for him even more throughout the book.
The two begin to hang out every now and then...and then every day. Cami even starts working at the tattoo shop that Trenton works at. The two become almost like best friends but the feelings are still very clear.
I'm not going to tell you too much more just because I don't want to ruin it. What I will say is that this book was absolutely wonderful. I really grew to love Cami and as I said Trenton is my new book boyfriend. The supporting characters were also really cool. I especially liked Kody who was a guy that Cami works with at the bar.
This story also runs parallel to Abby and Travis's relationship so you get to see Travis behind the scenes and you get Trent's and Cami's perspective on their relationship.
I really don't know what else to tell you all except for GO BUY THIS BOOK!!


Beautiful Oblivion Playlist
The Right Way by Ron Pope
Sweet and Low by Augustana
Dream by Priscilla Ahn
Nightminds by Missy Higgins
Oceans Wide by The Afters
Right Here by Staind



Buy Here
amazon
B & N
kobo
I'm a BookDepository affiliate so if you'd like to buy a book with free shipping worldwide click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment