"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover



I'm not sure if I just read a book or listened to the most beautiful song I've ever heard.
I've been a fan of Colleen Hoover for a while now and have read most of her books and I can tell you that she just keeps getting better.
Ugly Love was poetic, lyrical and pure genius.
I said on twitter when I finished the book that Colleen can't write a bad sentence let alone a bad book. I meant that.

She also does one of my favorite things in the world which is dual perspectives. I can't express how much I love that. It helps you understand the characters so much more than if it's written in one person pov.
Our female protagonist, Tate, moves into her brothers apartment while she saves up money for her own place. Her first night there she finds an attractive man laying against her front door passed out drunk. After a phone call to her brother--where she finds out that the two are friends--she lets the man in.
The two don't get along at first but then find themselves around each other a lot. Of course the more time they spend together the more they realize that they have some serious chemistry.
Tate and Miles decide to start up a friends with benefit type relationship but soon Tate realizes that she wants so much more. What she doesn't know is Miles has a dark past and he's not willing to open up to her.
I've got to say Tate and Miles are one of the most beautiful couples that I've ever read about.
Tate was such a good person and I really grew to love her character. Miles was also an amazing character. He had so much depth to him and I wanted to reach inside the book and hug him.
Colleen Hoover has done it again.
This book is breathtaking and I most definitely recommend it to anyone who believes in starting over, believes in the future, and believes that love isn't always ugly.

Ugly Love Playlist
Down by Jason Walker
Pour Me Out by He Is We
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute
Falling Slowly by Kris Allen
Night Minds by Missy Higgins

Buy Here
amazon

I'm a Book Depository Affiliate! If you want to buy a book with free shipping WORLDWIDE click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment