"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, September 4, 2014

One More Chance by Abbi Glines

First let me begin this review by telling you how much I effing love Abbi Glines. Oh, you already knew that? I talk about her all the time? You know she's the best too?
Well if you already know all that then lets get on with what I thought of this book.
So. Freaking. Good.
Ah.
Abbi Glines I love you so much. To quote the lovely Bette Midler, "Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be." There's more to the song of course but I don't want to make things weird...er.
As I've said an insane number of times, I LOVE the Rosemary Beach series. I was stoked when Take A Chance came out because I really wanted to read about Harlow and Grant. Well that book was simply wonderful so of course I was excited for One More Chance. Then I was asked if I wanted a review copy. Um do I want an ARC of One More Chance? Seriously? Is it appropriate to say hell yes!
As soon as I got my greedy little hands on this book I devoured it. This book guys. Wow. Let me start by saying it sent me on a freaking rollercoaster of emotions, but in the best possible way.
If you haven't read Take A Chance yet then STOP READING!
Seriously stop.
I'm not going to tell you again. This will spoil the book for you.
Alright if you're continuing on then I'm hoping you've read the book and your not reading on because you want me to ruin everything for you. Don't make me ruin this!

One More Chance picks up pretty much where Take A Chance left off. Harlow has left Rosemary Beach to go stay with her brother and has basically left Grant heartbroken.
At the end of TAC Grant finds out that Harlow has a heart condition and he spazzes. It's his worst fear come true and he doesn't react well.
In the beginning of OMC we see that Grant has been trying to contact Harlow but she won't answer his phone calls.
Why?
Because she's pregnant and could die if she has the baby. She knows that if Grant finds out then he'll want her to abort the baby and that's not something she's capable of doing.
Eventually Rush ends up telling Grant where Harlow is and he goes to get her. When the two reunite there's some underlying tension because of the baby.
Grant doesn't want to lose Harlow and Harlow won't give up on their baby.
The two go back to Rosemary Beach together and after some time they both fall in love with their unborn child.
I can't tell you much more without giving stuff away but I can say that you need to pick this up. Like yesterday.


One More Chance Playlist
Don't Take The Girl by Tim McGraw
You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney
She's Everything by Brad Paisley
Good Morning Beautiful by Steve Holy
Come Back, Be Here by Taylor Swift
Love by Jana Kramer
Stay by Florida Georgia Line
Doin' What She Likes by Blake Shelton

Buy Here:
amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

I'm a BookDepository affiliate. If you want to buy One More Chance with Free Shipping click HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment