"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Michael by Patricia Josephine

If you've been following my blog since the beginning then you might remember me interviewing the fabulous Patricia Lynne. Well my friends Patricia Josephine is Patricia Lynne so of course I was stoked to read her newest book.
Michael is the first installment in a four part novella series that when complete will make up a full novel.
Like I said I was really excited to read this book but a wee bit nervous for a couple reasons.
First being I'm not a huge fan of angel books. I don't know what it is I just don't seem to get into them.

Second this was also my first LGBT read. To be honest I've always been hesitant to read a book about a same sex couple- not because I'm judgmental and frown upon that (I believe that love is love)- but just because I wasn't sure what it would be like.
Lastly I'm not usually a huge fan of third person POV. I really like first person because I feel more connected to the character.
HOWEVER with all of that being said I enjoyed this book enough to be interested in reading the second installment. It wasn't your "typical angel book", the LGBT aspect was somewhat intriguing, and the POV didn't bother me as much as it usually does.
From the first second Michael was introduced I was a fan of his and I found myself also being a supporter of Lake. I'm really curious to see where their relationship is going to go.
As usual Patricia's writing was clean and with it being third person it kind of reminded me of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
I also think Patricia is a risk taker-in the best way possible-for writing a story about a gay angel. I've never heard of a book that did something like that and I thought that was incredibly original.
While I'm excited about reading the second novella I have to be honest with you guys. As I said I was intrigued by the same sex relationship but it's not something I think I'll read a lot. Again not because I find it wrong but because it's not what I'm in to. I've noticed that even in opposite sex romances I don't usually like them if I myself wouldn't be interested in the guy. Because I'm not gay I can't find that relatable so it's not something I'd want to read and live vicariously through.
With that being said if you are a fan of Patricia Lynne/Patricia Josephine, a fan of angel books, or a fan of people taking a risk then I'd say you should pick this book up.

Buy Here:
Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment