"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Consequence of Revenge by Rachel Van Dyken

If you've been following my blog for a while then you know that I've read and reviewed two books by Rachel Van Dyken and was also given the opportunity to interview her - she's awesome by the way.
Interview
HERE
Ruin review HERE
Shame review HERE

When I saw this book on Netgalley I freaked because I think Rachel is awesome, however if you've read any of the Ruin books then just be aware that this is totally different. Ruin had it's moments where it really made me smile and giggle - as did Shame - but for the most part they dealt with some pretty serious stuff.
This book was Chick Lit at it's finest. RomCom material fo sho ;)
Apparently there is a book before this one but you can read this as a stand alone - which is what I did.
The book is about Max who is nominated to be the new Bachelor on a television show. Max is totally against the show but warms up a little when he finds out that Becca - the pretty Starbucks barista - is a contestant.
Max and Becca meet before the show when he gives her the worst pick up line known to man kind and completely turns her off. However when they meet again on the show they actually hit it off.
I laughed pretty much throughout the entire book at the characters and the situations that they got themselves into.
Max was hysterical but sometimes I'm like uh that's a little "feminine" or odd and if I were Becca I would not be attracted to that. Becca was a really cool female character and I grew to really like her.
Sometimes the comedy was a bit much for me but for the most part I laughed my ass off.
I smiled, I rooted for the couple, and I finished the book happy that I read it so I definitely recommend it!!

Buy The Consequence of Revenge Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Listen to my playlist on Spotify by clicking HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment