"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

In Real Life: My Journey To A Pixelated World by Joey Graceffa


I'll never forget the first time I watched one of Joey's videos on YouTube. I used to work at a radio station running the board for football games and things like that. One night I was working and I was fiddling around on YouTube while the game was running and I saw a new video that Ingrid Nilsen had posted. In case you don't know who she is she's a beauty guru and I love her. Anyway she mentioned something about her boyfriend Luke Conard who was also a YouTuber. He's a musician but also did vlogs so I decided to watch one. That's when I saw Joey Graceffa for the very first time. I thought he was absolutely adorable and seemed like a blast to be around. He was cute, funny and seemed genuine. I liked his personality so much I decided to check out his channel and that is when I became obsessed. He had quite a few videos up already and I watched them every time I had a free minute.
I couldn't believe I had never come across his channel before! He was the perfect mix of quirky and sensitive. Charming and goofy. I loved him.
It's been 3 years since the first time I saw Joey and I still adore him. So of course when I found out he wrote a book I knew I had to purchase it. And that's what I did. I was given a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas and I knew as soon as I got it that this book was mine.
Joey is really honest in his vlogs and we fans have seen him go through a lot but I didn't even know the half of it. He has gone through a lot in his life and it's crazy to me that he's still such a happy and good person. That takes strength my friends.
Throughout the book Joey covers a lot from his  mothers alcohol addiction, to being bullied in high school, to how he started on YouTube.
I have NEVER been a fan of autobiographies/memoirs but I LOVED this book. Any time I had a free moment to read I was grabbing this book and I was constantly thinking about it.
Joey is a true inspiration and whether or not you have watched his videos you should definitely check it out. One of the things that was so cool was that he'd mention certain moments in the book that he also had videos of so I could go watch the YouTube video when I was done with the chapter.
We readers love to picture the books we read as movies in our head so imagine how much fun it is to read a chapter and then be able to see the video of it actually happening.
Like I said I definitely recommend this book!!

Check out my playlist for In Real Life: My Journey to a Pixelated World on Spotify by clicking HERE

Buy In Real Life Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Books-A-Million

Follow Joey on Social Media:
Twitter
Instagram
WebsiteYouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment