"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, May 12, 2016

White Girl Problems by A.E. Watson

If Mean Girls, The Prince & Me, and A Cinderella Story had a baby this is what it would be.
Obviously the title and cover captured my attention and I'm so glad it did.
I really liked this book!!
I haven't read a lot of YA contemporary lately so it was a lot of fun to get back into it with this.
Our main character is a girl named Finley Roze who is your basic pumpkin spice lovin', legging wearing basic "white girl".
One day she wakes up in a hospital with drugs in her system and cuts on her arm and her father sends her to Canada to basically get her head out of her butt and grow up.
While in Canada Finley stays with a friend of the family named Hattie who gives her a job working with older people. It's there she meets the oh so wonderful Aiden. The cute boy with the English accent who is her total opposite.
Probably about halfway through the book we find out that Aiden is keeping a big secret and Finley doesn't know how to handle it.
Through out the book we get to watch their relationship grow and we get to see Finley become a better version of herself.
This book made me laugh out loud in parts and I found myself rereading some pieces just because they made me smile. Also the writing is really fun and easy to read.
I will say that while most of the time I thought Finley was really cool there were quite a few times she got on my nerves. I liked her most when she was in Canada to be honest. Her friends and her sister grow on me - her sister was actually one of my favorites - but I liked her when she was with her group of old ladies.
I would recommend this book if you're looking for a light romance that will make you giggle. However if the use of the word "totes" like totally gets on your like nerves then I'd like stay away. But if you can get past it then I think you'll really like it ;)
I give this book 3 1/2 out of 5 donuts!!
 
Buy White Girl Problems Here:

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you'd like to buy books with FREE SHIPPING and put a little change in my pocket then click HERE

Listen to my playlist for White Girl Problems on Spotify by clicking HERE

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I tagged you in the CA: Civil War tag here, hope you enjoy! :)
    http://morningsandepilogues.blogspot.hk/2016/05/captain-america-civil-war-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete