"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: June 28, 2016

This weeks T10T is a freebie week so basically you can pick whatever you want - including old T10T. A couple weeks ago there was one that I missed and I wish I would've done it so my friends I'm doing it now.

Top Ten Reasons I Love _____ <- Insert The Fault in Our Stars

Don't roll your eyes at me.
Here we go.

10. The Cast
When I found out this was being turned into a movie I was a bit nervous. All I kept thinking was please don't ruin it. But guys, the cast. Oh. My. Gosh. Everyone is so perfect and spot on as these characters, I literally have nothing to complain about.

9. The Quotes
The Fault in Our Stars is full of so many stunning quotes it's crazy. "It would be a priveldge to have my heart broken by you." "Okay? Okay." "You gave me forever within the numbered days and I'm grateful." And one of my favorites, "I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly and then all at once." My God those are good.

8. Augustus Waters
Augustus Waters is by far my favorite male character ever. He will always hold a very special place in my heart. Not only is he one of the sweetest characters I've ever read about he is also one of the funniest.

7. Hazel Grace
This girl is amazing. Hazel keeps me laughing throughout the story but she also makes me feel for her. When I read the book or watch the movie I feel protective over her. When she's angry I am too. When she's sad I'm crying with her. When she's laughing I can't quit smiling. I love her oh so much.

6. It's a Metaphor
I LOVE the scene where Hazel sees Gus smoking and has a cow. This part is not only one of my favorites from the book but from the movie also.

5. Isaac
I absolutely adore Isaac and I think he's a fabulous friend. There are many moments in this book that bring tears to my eyes but Isaacs eulogy is one of the saddest things I've ever read.

4. Hazels parents
I think that Hazel Grace has some of the coolest parents around. I love them in the book but the movie makes me love them even more. They are so strong and the love they have for their daughter is beautiful to read about.
 
3. The Movie
I can't even begin to tell you all how much I love this movie. The other day while my son was napping I decided that I was going to put it in and watch it. From the second it started I was taken back into Hazel and Gus' world and I loved every minute of it. I've read the book 3 times and that was the 3rd or 4th time I've seen the movie and I love it more every time.

2. The Comedy
This book makes me laugh which is strange because of the subject matter. John Green has a way of making you fall in love with his characters that is just fantastic. I laugh so much when I read this which kind of balances out the fact that I'm a sobbing mess by the end.

1. The Love
Hazel and Gus are my favorite couple ever because they're real. They've been dealt some pretty crappy cards but they're still wonderful. They aren't fake, they don't sugar coat, they just are.

No comments:

Post a Comment