"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, September 22, 2016

I Am The Reader Book Tag

I saw this tag going around all over YouTube so since I love tags I decided I had to do it.
Enjoy!!

1. Choose one word that describes being a reader?
The first word that came to mind was magical but Heather from Bookables said that one so I'm going to go with breathtaking. I know that may sound goofy but guys some of the books I've read leave me breathless. I remember the first time I read TFIOS and I felt like something special just took place. More recently I read It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover and I felt like I read something that could change things for people. So yes I choose breathless.

2. What is the first book you fell in love with?
A Bend in The Road by Nicholas Sparks. This by no means was the first book I ever loved but it's the first book I ever remember feeling. I know that probably sounds silly but it's the only way I can describe it.

3. Hardback or paperback?
I like the way that hardbacks look on a shelf but paperbacks are easier for me to read. My son just turned a year old and sometimes he falls asleep on me so I'll read. If I tried to hold up a hardback my arms would fall asleep but paperbacks are just right.

4. How has reading shaped your identity?
I feel like reading has given me an escape. When I was younger if I had a bad day at school it was okay because when I got home I could travel into different worlds and meet characters who made me fall in love. More recently it's brought me to where I am now with my blog and I'm so grateful for that everyday.

5. What book do you read when you need to be comforted?
Twilight. When I see/hear the word comfort I think cozy and content. That book is special and when I read it I feel happy and it brings me back to the first time I read it.

6. Who taught you how to be a reader?
That's an easy one, my mom. She's a reader herself and when I was little she read to me all the time. She's also always been very encouraging about my reading habits and for that I'm extremely grateful. I hope to show my son how to love books the way she's shown me.

7. Describe your dream reading lounge?
Okay so you know the Dragonfly Inn from Gilmore Girls? Yeah that area with all the books and everything, that's like my dream.

8. What book changed the way you act or see the world?
TFIOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment