"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Confess by Colleen Hoover

Can this woman write anything bad?
No seriously, is it possible?
You know how people say sometimes that they'd read a phone book if a certain author wrote it? Yeah that's how I feel about Colleen Hoover.
In the few years I've been reading her books she has no doubt become an automatic buy author and one of my favorites.
Before I get into the review I have to say that I am so stinkin' excited for the show to come out on the go90 app. Literally the moment it drops I'm going to be one of the happiest book lovers in the world. If you want to read more about the show then you can click the link HERE and it should answer any questions that you have.
Alright on with the review.
Can this woman write anything bad?
Did I say that already? :P
In typical Colleen fashion this book is told in dual POV which as you know is my favorite. Our two main characters are Owen and Auburn. Owen is a charismatic and unbelievably loveable artist and Auburn is a hair stylist who has recently moved to Texas. One day Auburn - who is looking to earn a little extra cash - walks past a place that is covered with confessions from anonymous people. On the door is a help wanted sign and as soon as she starts to investigate a little further Owen shows up and basically begs her to take the job. That night she helps Owen and after his show the two of them go out for drinks and have a serious moment on the dance floor. They make plans to get together the next day but life happens.
I don't really want to tell you to much more for two reasons. One because I don't want to give anything away. And two because I didn't really know much going into this and I'm so happy for that. Usually when I pick up a book I read the last couple of pages so I know how it ends. I also look up reviews and really know what I'm getting in to. When I pick up a Colleen Hoover book I don't want to know much about it. I know it's going to be amazing so why ruin it?
The characters as usual are incredible and Owen is obviously book boyfriend material. I always think that I found my favorite new couple when I read her books and that nobody will ever top them but then I read more of her characters.
I definitely recommend this book to everyone.

Buy Confess Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you'd like to buy Confess with FREE SHIPPING and put a little cha-ching in my pocket then click HERE

Check out my playlist for Confess on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment