"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Confess The TV Show Review

When I first found out that they were turning Confess into a show I was excited because I love Colleen Hoover but I had never read the book so I didn't really know how excited I could get.
I was sent the book from Atria and loved it so freaking much I cried. Legit cried guys. So to say that I was excited about the show after I finished the book would be an understatement. I was counting down the days.
I'm not going to get into the plot of the show because I've already reviewed the book, which I linked below.
What I am going to do is tell you what I thought of the show. So lets get on with it.
First off the cast. Ryan Cooper as Owen is genius. My gosh that is an attractive fella. He was sexy even when he wasn't trying to be and that's exactly how I saw Owen while reading the book. Then we have Katie Leclerc as Auburn and I thought they did an excellent job with her as well. After watching the trailer for the show I knew that they couldn't have found two better people to portray our beloved Auburn and Owen. As for the rest of the cast I want to quickly say that they were amazing too. I really loved every actor for every part.
Alright here's where I'm going to suck. I really didn't like how much was changed from the book. I know it has to happen sometimes but some things I just thought were unnecessary. I also felt like it was very cheaply shot. If I would have watched the show without ever reading the book I would have thought it was good and I still would have liked it. But because I love the book so much I felt like it helped me love it more. I would still go out and buy it if there was a way but to me the book had so much more impact.
All in all though I'm very happy I got to see these characters that I love come to life and if you are a fan of Confess - or even if your not - you should check it out!!

Watch Confess on Go90 by clicking HERE
Read my review for Confess HERE
Check out my interview with Colleen Hoover HERE
Buy Confess:

No comments:

Post a Comment