"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Because of Lila by Abbi Glines

Two days ago I reviewed Like A Memory for you all and told you all how much I loved it. The night that I finished it I picked up Because of Lila because...why wouldn't I? I stayed up until like 2 reading it and then finished it the next day.
That is one of my favorite things about Abbi's books, they are so addicting and easy to read. Let's just take a moment to appreciate her greatness.
...
Wasn't that lovely?
Alright on with the review.
Because of Lila is obviously about Lila Kate who is Grant and Harlow's daughter - from Rosemary Beach. Lila has always been in love with Cruz Kerrington - who is Woods and Della's son. He kissed her when they were in their early teens and she'd been hooked since. They are 21 and 22 - if I remember right - now and one night at a party Cruz kisses her again but then is an a-hole and calls her icy and other not friendly things.
Lila decides she's an adult and she's going to leave Rosemary Beach - and Cruz - and go on an adventure. Her first stop is Sea Breeze to stay with Nate and Bliss. There she meets Eli - who we meet in Like A Memory and is Bliss's best friend. The two have a one night stand and the next morning are both at Bliss and Nate's house having breakfast. Awkward.
Back in Rosemary Beach Cruz finds out that Lila left and it bothers him more than he thought it would. So what does he do? He takes off on his motorcycle to Sea Breeze and tells Lila to get on his bike with nothing but what she has on her and they'll go on her adventure together. Obviously since she's in love with him she goes.
The two realize their feelings for each other, well I suppose it's more like Cruz mans the f up and admits his feelings and it's pretty stinkin' hot.
I'm not going to tell you anymore because duh why would I ruin it for you?
I told you in my last review that I checked out other peoples thoughts on Like A Memory and just for kicks I did the same for this one. I noticed a lot of people saying that they thought the kids of our favorite characters are kind of jerks and that bothers them. I'm going to be honest, Cruz has some very unlikable moments but let us remember that Rush was kind of a huge dick to Blaire and Woods, Grant, and the rest of the lot were also not the sweetest at times.
I love the characters desperately and i'd definitely recommend Because of Lila.
p.s. I also totally ship Cruz and Lila. In love. Not surprising though since Woods is everything and we're talking about his spawn.

Buy Because of Lila Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

Listen to my playlist for Because of Lila on Spotify by clicking HERE
I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you want to put some cha-ching in my pocket and get yourself a book with FREE SHIPPING then click right HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment