"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans

The Mistletoe Promise is the 4th book I've read from my lovely Christmas themed library haul and it is tied for first (first favorite that is)!!
After reading so many Debbie Macomber books I was actually nervous going into this one. It bugged me because this was one of the books I was most excited for and yet there I was...palms clammy, lump in throat, total nervous mess. I may be exaggerating some but only a little.
Anywho I picked it up anyway and as with the other books I finished this in a day. Why has it taken me so long to read these? Geesh.
The Mistletoe Promise follows Elise and Nicholas who are so freaking charming it hurts.
Nick notices Elise sitting alone every day in the cafeteria of their office building and he approaches her with an idea. From then until Christmas the two of them will for all intents and purposes become a couple. They will attend holiday parties together, partake in Christmas activities, he will send her a gift every day, and all expenses will be covered by him as long as she agrees. Elise who has been divorced and admits hasn't taken care of herself since, agrees to sign the contract and become a faux girlfriend for 2 months.
Through out their time together it becomes more and more clear how perfect the two of them are for each other but they also have dark spots in their past that need to be uncovered before the two can completely commit.
Elise is one of the best characters I've read about in a while and I truly enjoyed reading her. Nicholas is every girls dream. He's handsome, kind, charming and funny. He is so good to Elise and during the book I kept finding myself day dreaming about him.
If you're looking for a very sweet read that also has a little more oomph then I'd definitely recommend this one!

I have watched the movie and while I thought it was very cute I actively had to tell my brain to not compare it to the book. I was getting upset while watching it because they are so far a part it's silly. The book has a lot more substance and I felt like the movie took away the integrity of the story. However if you go into knowing they are completely different I do believe you'll enjoy it.


Buy The Mistletoe Promise Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you would like to purchase a book with FREE SHIPPING and put some jing a ling in my pocket then click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment