"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston

   Last year I read and raved about the book Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick. For those of you who haven't heard me gush about it then here's a brief synopsis, girl goes into Witness Protection Program because she witnesses something reeeeeally bad. While in her new home she ends up making new friends and falling in love with her new place. Add in some action and you've now completed D.L.
   Since reading Dangerous Lies I've been on the hunt for a book that would give me the same excitement. The other day I was in my local library and stumbled upon The Rules for Disappearing. The cover and title intrigued me so I picked it up and read the plot. Literally one paragraph was all I needed to add it to my pile. Once I got home I was nervous going into it because I didn't know if I was building it up in my head to be as good as Dangerous Lies and I really didn't want to do that considering they're two different stories, just both centered around WPP. I'm happy to report that I was NOT disappointed. At all. I loved it!!
   Megan Jones has been 6 different people, in 6 different places in no time at all. She's tired of being someone she's not so she vows that Louisiana will be the last place her family is moved. She's going to find out why they are in the Witness Protection Program no matter what it takes. Over and over she's asked her father what he has done to land them in this position but it doesn't matter, he won't answer. Without his help it's up to her to find things out herself.
   Enter Ethan Landry the hot farm boy who isn't fooled by Meg. He knows something is off and like her he won't stop until he finds answers. I absolutely loved Ethan's character, I thought he was smart and kind but also sounded like a total babe. He seemed reliable and definitely book boyfriend material. I really enjoyed watching him and Meg together even though sometimes I couldn't help but wish she'd spill everything. It was hard because I felt like Ethans character could handle her secrets but she wasn't ready to share them.
   There were so many twists and turns that I never wanted to stop reading which was fantastic.
   All in all I enjoyed this book very much, so much in fact the moment I finished it I almost started it over.
   I'm giving The Rules for Disappearing 4.5/5 donuts!!

           

**I just found out there is a second book and I'm so freaking excited I just can't hide it**


Buy The Rules for Disappearing Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
BAM

I'm a Book Depository Affiliate so if you'd like to purchase a book with FREE SHIPPING and put some change in my pocket click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment